Monday, March 19, 2007

Romeo is adopted!

Romeo is howling for joy! He's just been told he's found his forever family---or rather they've found him.

A kiss goodbye for foster mom Patty, who's got a hard time letting this one go.

Patty reported later:
Nancy called me Saturday afternoon to let me know that Romeo was settling into his new home nicely. As we were speaking, he was chasing his new Daschaund brother around the sofa and coffee table and had already met the cat in the bathroom and decided that his breath was too awful to be bothered with (Nancy says that the cat is very old). His sister was out in the yard with Dad ignoring him, but she thought that she would warm up to him quickly. About that time the phone went dead and after a few minutes I was able to get her back. Evidently, Romeo had grabbed the phone cord and headed down the hallway with it. I guess he thought it was time for mom to get off the phone and play.
Nancy promised to send photos and keep me posted as they all settle in. It was a little quiet at my house Sunday morning at 3 AM without my early morning walk in the backyard with Romeo, and all of my kids keep checking his crate to see where he is, but we are happy that he is somewhere that he will be loved.

Patricia G.

No comments: